Thursday, January 17, 2008

Too Much Excitement for Most of You

Because I am Mother of the Year, and so very, very involved, and because I want my children to always remember what a ball of laughs I was while they were growing up, and how much fun and joy we had together, I went upstairs with them after dinner last night and we played Dance Dance Revolution together on the Wii for an hour and a half.

Well, ok, technically I didn’t really *battle* them or anything, but I sat up there with them and cheered them on and encouraged them.

Well, ok, technically it wasn’t so much *cheering* as it was just watching and murmuring positive comments.

And if I’m being totally honest I have to confess that yes, about half an hour into it I laid down on the sofa and fell asleep.

So that when I woke up an hour later, Kellen was the only one left, determined to conquer the next level on “You Spin Me Right Round Baby” and Brayden and Kendrie had given up asking me to watch them and gone back downstairs to be with Blaine.

Oh, I don’t know. Do you think maybe it’s time to have my thyroid level checked, and see if perhaps we could bump up my dosage of Synthroid, so I quit falling asleep on the sofa after dinner like an 80-yr old grandpa?

And also, why I’m having a hard time thinking of things to blog about since I am DULL. AS. SHIT.

17 comments:

cakeburnette said...

You are the opposite of dull (and I've been the first two days in a row!). If you are dull, what does it say about all of us who get up and check your blog at 6:45am to see what's happened with you lately! ;)

Heidi said...

Can you believe it? We got snow south of Atlanta yesterday. I know ya'll were somewhere near Macon before you moved. We are South of Atlanta about 40 miles and got a good bit of snow. Enough for my boys to make snow balls and have some fun. Unfortunately it turned to rain overnight and was gone by this morning but it was fun while it lasted.

Mamasita said...

Ummm, dull? Hello? Maybe the OK weather has dulled your senses or something. The last thing you are is dull!

BTW - a while back, you started on your adoption/birth/surrogate story. You had gotten through the adoption and birth, but I don't remember you getting to the surrogacy part. Will you be revisiting that any time soon? Or, did you post it already and it slipped through a crack in my memory? Considering my brain/memory is like swiss cheese, it could easily have happened.

Anonymous said...

Not dull at all! Another fan checking at 7 am to see if you posted!!
Claire in TX (no snow here)

Unknown said...

I haven't been able to get past the first level of any song on the Wii! You know what, I fall asleep in the evenings too....I thought it was just me! You are definitely not boring -- just tired (aren't all Moms tired? Yawn....).

Anonymous said...

I check in every day at 8:30am. And dull is not how I would describe you. I don't think I have never left a comment but I wanted to let you know that I love your blog.

Unknown said...

Looking for something to blog about? How about some pictures of your vanity or new hairdo.
Of course if you really want some bells and whistles, go shoplifting at Wally World. I was there yesterday when the cops took a woman down....geesh, the excitement scared the beegeezus out of me.
Maybe it's because I'm getting older and my thyroid meds need adjusting, but I don't find you dull at all.

Anonymous said...

o i disagree, these are good posts, my life is so much like yours than i'd like to believe :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, I know you have mentioned that you want to get into shape. Start doing DDR with your kids! I absolutely LOVE it! It puts me into a huge sweat and I don't make myself run on the days I do it. In fact, my husband and I do it (ummm..DDR I mean) after the kids go to bed!

Exercise WILL make it better!

Maybe some vitamins too?

Naps during the school day?

Anonymous said...

I've never posted here before but I've been reading your blog for quite a while now and really enjoy it. I started reading when you were telling about your infertility treatments and have been hooked every since. Thanks for blogging about your "dull"ness.

Anonymous said...

Well, I think you're a ball of laughs, even if your children may not. Nor do I find you dull. Because if you're dull, then I am hopeless, and forever lost, and any number of other unpleasant things. So, because I'm so pathetic I'm gonna ask if you guys are done with the rental house yet and if so, are you gonna post pictures??? Because it would be a nice break from my chronic HGTV-watching life!!

Kelly said...

You are definitely not dull! I love reading your updates!

Kelly said...

BTW...I'd also like to hear more about your surrogate story!!

The Houser's said...

I try and avoid the couch in the evening those evil couch manufacturers put something in them to make us sleepy. Although the alternative is to sit on 2x4's... Love how you keep it real!

Dto3 said...

Used to say I wasn't able to stay awake through the 10:00 news. Now I can't stay awake until the 10:00 news!

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend, I think you've earned the right to have a boring life for a while.

Candy said...

I only know if I had a Wii and DDR you couldn't pull me off of it. I'd be stepping on toddlers left and right.