Monday, January 28, 2008

Dear Monica H,

Dear Monica H,

Well, while I appreciate the sentiment, I have to say thanks but no thanks to the offer of meeting half-way at a spa for a massage. Not sure if you’re aware, but I’m pretty much a touch-me-not. The idea of lying naked on a table so someone I don’t know can rub my flabby body with warm oil while candles are burning and monk music is chanting in the background is about as appealing to me as sitting through the entire Michael Moore movie collection with nothing but moldy frog legs for a snack. But hey, if you ever want to meet half way for shopping and lunch, then I’m your girl.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am SO with you on this one! Maybe if I was 20 years old, and weighed 110 pounds, I'd consider it. But since that's so NOT my reality, I'll pass too!

Anonymous said...

I had to comment on this...because I am the same way! Don't even give me the free head massage that comes with my hair cut! I hate the thought of people touching me and rubbing me....YUCK! All my girlfriends and sisters in law think I am crazy! well then again...ha!

Deb

Kelly said...

I feel exactly the same way. No strangers touching me. No thanks!

I was anti massage for a long time. The first massage I got was a gift from a friend and the masseuse (sp)looked about 19 and weighed about 95 lbs. I felt tense and self conscious the entire time! I vowed never to do it again!

Then, one day I woke up in the most horrific pain imaginable and, after spending an entire day practically in tears at work, a coworker suggested I make an appointment with her "lady". I was in heaven. I now consider her "lady" my "lady" and plan on going back again soon!! You know...now that we've developed a relationship and I no longer feel she is a stranger. :)

Monica H said...

HA! That's funny. Shopping is good for me too :)

Hyzymom said...

I gotta weigh in on this as well. No touchy touchy for me either. I once got a gift certificate for a pedicure. OMG! Not only was it touchy feely but ON MY FEET! I don't do feet. It was awful. I don't even like my husband to tickle my back. Bleeck!

P.S. I want to be one of your getaway friends. I've been trying for years to get some of my friends to go away for weekends. We have the Hershey PA spa 2 hours from us. No luck. I'm not sure what that says about my friends or about me? :o(