Saturday, November 10, 2007

Po-Go Maniacs

Yes, the "Po-Go Maniacs". When told they had to come up with a name for their act at the Talent Show, this is what Kellen and Kendrie selected. Considering how they behave most days, I think "maniac" might have hit the nail right on the head.

It was truly a dazzling display of balance and skill and .... and .... um, jumping. The highlight of their performance was most certainly when Kellen very carefully laid his pogo stick down at the end, powerfully strode to the end of the stage, and took the biggest, cheesiest, one-arm-extended-and-one-arm-bent-across-his-waist bow you ever saw. Not sure if the audience was clapping louder for their talent, or for his cheek.

It was an enjoyable night. We had a gymnast, a juggler, lots of singers and dancers, and one poor kindergarten girl doing a jump-rope routine who popped herself right in the eye with the rope and ran off the stage crying. To her credit, she got back out there a few minutes later and tried it again, with much better results. Personally, I was impressed. I know adults (oh, hello, ME!) who wouldn't have gotten out there in the first place, and that five-year old had guts to do it not once, but twice.











I know I promised you guys I would branch into some new technology and figure out how that YouTube get up works and share the video ..... and my heart was in the right place ..... but MOVERS! COMING! IN! 72! HOURS! NOT! READY!

6 comments:

Leece said...

Hi! How you do, all you do is beyond me so I hope all the packing is going well. You're all in my prayers, especially the kids as starting a new school can be tough. But hey, its only 6 and a half weeks til Christmas! Love and prayers.

Unknown said...

Kellen sure jumps high!! Does he have a double barrel pogo stick? I don't know if that's the right term. That's something I could never do..great job!
Good luck on your move.

Anonymous said...

That's amazing. I'm so impressed that a brother and sister would do an act together.

Anonymous said...

When you get back "home" will you still blog? I moved back to my hometown close to my family 18 months ago. Not sure I could keep a blog up and runnung. Good luck with your move and PLEASE keep the blog.

Leeann said...

Hey Kristie,

I know you are insanely busy but I have quick question for you.
In part because of your kids' obvious enjoyment of pogo sticks, I have decided to get my kids one for Christmas. They only get three gifts each from us for Christmas so I want to get a good one. What kind do you recommend? I have a nearly 6 year old boy, a 9 year old boy and a 12 year old girl. Should I get two of different sizes or can they all use the same one?

If you get a chance, you can reply on your blog (I am a daily reader) or email me at niccofive@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Leeann
PS- Good luck with your move. I'm glad you are finally getting home! You'll have to change your 'displaced Okie' profile!

Anonymous said...

I get nervous every time they want to watch Polar Express because while I love that book/movie and in the end, there IS a Santa Claus, the whole premise is about doubt. I don't want doubting. A few things:

a) The Pogo sticking looked awesome.
b) How long are you going to be offline for the move? Anything longer than 12 hours is just unacceptable!