Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Countdown T-minus not enough days

Well, it’s official, we have a renter lined up for the yellow house --- she is moving in on the 15th. Which means I have nine days to finish all the painting. Or less than nine days, if you consider that on Thursday I’m volunteering at the school, and Friday night is Brayden’s birthday slumber party so who knows *when* I’ll get over to start on Saturday, and of course Sunday we have church all morning, then I have appointments two days next week, plus I volunteered to help with the Cupid Express every morning at school ---- all those sorts of non-urgent, but still-sucking-all-the-free-time-out-of-your-day-sorts-of-things that seem to take over the lives of mothers everywhere. All of which means I better get myself over there and start painting immediately, because those 30-minute home improvement television gurus are lying bastards when they make it look so easy and fast.

That or I’m just a really slow painter.

Or both. It could be both.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what they say (read in chipper and perky sing-song voice):

"If you want to get something done, give it to a busy person" :)

You'll get it all done and then you can breathe a little. For, like, 5 minutes.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I hope, (for your renters' sake) that you're using "designer" paint colors and not just white everywhere. I've been renting again for a few years now and I'm still not ready to buy again, and I'm SICK of white walls. Pottery Barn has some GREAT paint colors....(uhm, do they have PB's in OK???)....but Ralph Lauren has some nice colors too....

Anonymous said...

Or, here's another idea - offer the renter a little off of their rent to do the painting themselves....tell them that you'll pay for the paint and they can pick the colors......I'd jump at that opportunity if it was me...

Anonymous said...

Those home improvement shows have armies of painters and decorators who are not filmed. If you notice the hosts are usually dressed to the nines in totally inappropriate paiting clothes...leather pants, stilettos, lots of jewelry. I prefer Extreme Home makeover because at least they give all the helpers credit by filming them.

Anonymous said...

HIRE PAINTERS ALREADY! Seriously! They'll finish in half a day and you can move on with your life.

Elena said...

Wow! We're painting our other house right now, but becuase WE'RE moving in there. We WERE supposed to move the same day that you did in November. Now tell me who the slow painter is! That, or I'm just lazy. I'm trying to pretend that it's just all of the things I have to do, not the naps or the computer time that I so dearly LOVE! So see, you getting out there to do it inspires me. Maybe I'll get right over there and paint to. Right after my nap!

Pam D said...

I think your ginormously huge shoulder and arm muscles are getting in the way and slowing you down......

Anonymous said...

Could you explain this Cupid Express idea a little more? I am very curious to see what you all do down in the States on Valentine's Day (which just so happens to be my birthday!) When you have some time, of course, which might not be till sometime in late 2012....:-)