Saturday, February 23, 2008

I Owe My High School Geography Teachers a Grave Apology

Because apparently I was too busy passing notes, reading Teen Beat under my desk, day-dreaming about my high school boyfriend Kenny, or perhaps picking lint out of my belly button to have paid attention. As evidenced by the DISMAL scores I received on the Traveler IQ Challenge for the world in which we live. I seriously, seriously, SERIOUSLY avoid using the word "retarded" due to its incredibly un-pc and offensive connotations ..... but considering this site gives you an IQ score after each test, and since Wikipdeia states an IQ below 70 is considered mentally retarded .... well, I can pretty much do the math on my own shabby state of knowledge. Something tells me Jeopardy won't be calling anytime soon.

I thought I would kick butt in the North American test, but forgot how stinking big Canada is, and that my knowledge of Canadian geography is perhaps, if possible, just as terrible as my knowledge of world geophraphy.

The mocking little "try again, you loser" button is addictive, though, so I hope all of you enjoy these tests this weekend like I have. And thanks to Kristina in Ohio for sharing them!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was fun :-) I made it to level 8 the first time with an iq of 97. Those African countries are hard!

M said...

...Level 3...higher than I can get on Donkey Kong but considering I never had a geography class I did okay...Stockholm threw me off! Let's just hope we never have to take a trip together!

Anonymous said...

Just put me in the slow learner class.

Dixie

Anonymous said...

Wow! That thing is really addicting! I got better every time, but at the same time, could never reach level 4 (or 5?).

Natalie said...

Well, I've been doing this quiz daily since someone posted earlier this week on a travel forum that I belong to. Yes, that's right. I belong to a travel forum, but apparently I shouldn't be allowed to travel as my score would put me in the DUNCE category. Hmmm, where is South America???

Robin D said...

just because I feel the need to brag, I reached level 11 (with an IQ of 118!). Yes, I am a bit of geography nerd : )

Anonymous said...

Check out www.freerice.com to test your vocabulary knowledge. And it's for a good cause...

Estrelleta said...

I got 125 :)

Anonymous said...

Not to worry, Kristie, we still have Map Quest.

Kelly said...

I don't even want to try it. I feel stupid just reading your explanation. :(

starlagurl said...

Hey Kristie! Glad you like our game. You can chat about strategy and compare scores with other Traveler IQ addicts in our travel forums

Louise Brown
TravelPod Community Manager