Tuesday, December 09, 2008

We love Weird Al. Platonically, of course.

The other night, when I drove Kellen and his friend to the concert, he asked me to play the Weird Al parody “The Ebay Song” on my ipod (through the car speakers). Again and again and again. After about the fourth time, his friend turned to him and said, “Wow, you really like that song, don’t you?” And Kellen replied, “Yes, it’s my favorite song ever. I love it so much I’m going to have it played at my wedding.”

And all I could do was sit back and wonder about what kind of future daughter in law would even allow that ….. one who wears a wedding dress from Wal-Mart and carries a wine cooler in a beer cozy down the aisle instead of flowers and serves pigs in a blanket and pork rinds at the reception?

On second thought, that sounds like my kind of wedding.

PS. You guys are GENIUS! It never occurred to me that I could simply glue little faces on cardboard cut-outs for the diorama. And someone suggested diorama-ing the parking lot scene, so pretty much all I’ll have to buy is two matchbox cars, and put some gray paper down on the bottom of the box …. Thank goodness. I had visions of me wasting an entire day driving to every hobby store in town looking for stupid miniature vampire dolls.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wedding image you have painted for us is too funny! Actually you need to watch "My big redneck wedding" on the CMT channel. (Ok....you caught me....I can't sleep so I channel surf.) Nothing like your new mother in law taking out her teeth for the wedding reception hot dog eating contest!
Have a great day!!

Stefunkc said...

Really. I need to blog before doing school projects. I always make it harder then I need to!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Alex could inspire Kellen to love such fine music! Please let us know when we can help again!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

Oldest son many years ago loved Al. We actually went to two concerts and had a really great time. His favorite song at the time was Albuquerque (long as heck but quite funny). He finally grew up and now only listens to Clasic Rock. Thank god for good genes!

Cathy

Anonymous said...

My husband wanted to play that song "Blue" as in blue-daba dee daba doo. I put my foot down on that one lol! But weird al... well, it would make things interesting! And I am totally laughing at the mental picture of a bride with a wine cooler in a beer cozy walking down the aisle.

Anonymous said...

The wedding image had me laughing my butt off!! Girl you are so funny. Have a Merry Christmas too we are heading home for block leave and then my hubby deploys AGAIN shortly after

Jennifer said...

Umm, what does that say about us? We played Weird Al's "White and Nerdy" at our wedding reception in Sept. I love Weird Al. LOL

Anonymous said...

We are big Wierd Al fans in my house and, if my boyfriend and I ever do change our minds about getting married, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he suggested something similar.