Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Nothing.

I was going to post today about how I'm honestly not sure which store I love more: Office Depot, Home Depot, Bed Bath & Beyond, or Garden Ridge Pottery, all of which I spent time in today, single-handedly revitalizing our nation's economy, and the happy feeling I got as I made each of my purchases.

Then I realized that was boring.

So then I was going to post about the feeling of utter contentment I got today as I ordered my Diet Dr. Pepper from Sonic, and as I drove away, the sun was shining warmly into my car and Josh Groban's Ave Maria was playing in my stereo and a sense of total well-being flooded through me ... and then my stomach started growling and I remember that I skipped breakfast, which pretty much ruined the mood.

But I realized that was boring, too.

So then I was going to post about the TRAVESTY OF JUSTICE (!!!) that occurred when I ordered my favorite sandwich from my favorite sandwich shop for lunch (ham and cheese on white, plain, dry, with swiss instead of provolone and an extra slice of swiss, please) only to be told that they are "phasing out the Swiss". What??? Phasing out swiss cheese??? It's a sandwich shop, for pete's sake, how ridiculous is that? Why don't they just phase out bread while they're at it? Or meat?!?!?!

When it occurred to me that was even more boring than the others.

So basically, I got nothing.

Have a nice day.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know what? After the life you've lived for the past 6 years, THANK GOD FOR BORING!!!!!!!

By the way, I'm slurping down my large sweet tea from Sonic. They are the one place in Oregon that makes it correctly. Yes, my life is boring too.

rachelopoly said...

That's so not boring. I'd be filled with righteous indignation if my sandwich place got rid of Swiss cheese. Its my favorite too. I also probably would have blogged about shopping.

Anonymous said...

You're TOO funny - and, never boring!!!! But, uhm, dude - swiss cheese over provolone??!! That's just not right! However, I can still feel badly for your (almost) loss......so sorry!! Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. Blaine doing okay???

Cindi said...

Boredom is all in the mind of the beholder. Personally, if I were you, losing the swiss cheese at the sandwich shop would rank pretty high up there on the drama meter.

Anonymous said...

Well, that's more exciting than my day. After work I went to Macy's and Kohl's and temporarily helped the economy by buying a ton of new clothes, none of which fit when I got home and tried them on! So I went to Timberlodge and ordered a big-ass piece of cheesecake, which I dropped in the parking lot. Oh well, tomorrow is another day...
Sheila-MN

Dto3 said...

Real-life is always more exciting than fiction. . .well, maybe with the exception of your post today. Boring is refreshing, huh?

Anonymous said...

Why would any sandwich place feel the need to phase out a cheese? It doesn't take up much space. Some people prefer it. Some poeple might have to find a new place to eat. I think their business is about to go belly-up.....all because of swiss cheese.

Dixie

Pam D said...

Oh heck, I'm getting ready to post about how I've become a "blah-ger" instead of a blogger, for Pete's sake! I WISH I could be half as interesting as you; oh heck, I'd take the crumbs from your ham and cheese sandwich, if the truth be told. Did want to ask about Blaine; it hurt my heart to hear that he didn't feel well enough to attend the big-hair concert. (btw.. last year, I bought a TSO Christmas CD because of your post, and, well, let's just say that Josh Grobin singing "Ave Maria" might be more my style...). Glad you had fun, though! wait.. GLAD YOU HAD FUN, THOUGH!!!!!!! can you hear me now?

Anonymous said...

Who phases out cheese for crying out loud?! not a very smart idea if you ask me...

cathy
santa clara

Stefunkc said...

You say nothing, and yet I'm still laughing. I love your 'nothing'.

Amy said...

Stage a protest at the sandwich shop. I threatened to do it when Chick-fil-A quit carrying regular Diet Coke. But my dh an dd intervened.

Anonymous said...

Phasing out the swiss cheese????

Now I've heard everything.

Thank you for starting my day out with a laugh.. which I needed after realizing that my teenage son lost his brand new coat, which has his brand new SEASONS SKI PASS attached to it. Hopefully he has enough hours in the day to work to repay all of this.

No coat.. upstate NY... ice tomorrow... He may finally understand what consequences are!

Anonymous said...

How many years have I been telling you that swiss cheese was wrong??? Just like matte! Now you must know I am right...on both accounts!

xo Kim

p.s. to Rosemary...ouch!

Anonymous said...

That's insane!!!1 I love, love, love swiss cheese!!!!!