…. that my children did ***NOT*** hear me say today, but which give me a pretty good indication of how our Christmas break is going to go. And it’s looking a little grim.
1. Hey Kellen, here’s a great idea -- if you continue to throw that football in the house, maybe even a little harder, you could possibly break the living room lamp as well as the light in the dining room you broke last week, and I’m ok with that.
2. It’s alright, Brayden, I don’t mind when you completely ignore your father and me.
3. I think wrestling in the living room is a good idea because you could maybe knock over the Christmas tree and then all the decorations would fall off and then I wouldn’t have to mess with un-decorating it after the holidays. So actually, you’d be doing me a favor.
4. Why, yes, I have all the time in the world today and would love nothing more than to play yet another game of checkers with you.
5. It’s perfectly OK to drag your brother around by the neck of his shirt.
6. I’m so happy someone ate caramel corn while playing on the computer because I love nothing more than a sticky keyboard.
7. Could you please slam the door a little louder while I’m trying to take a nap? It’s so soothing.
8. That’s so funny that the pants you want to wear on the plane tomorrow were shoved under your bed and weren’t in the dirty clothes basket. It doesn’t even matter that I already finished the laundry. I’d like nothing more than to rush right into the utility room to do yet another load, just for you.
9. I love when you guys fight. It helps me concentrate while I’m packing.
10. Of course you can stay up as late as you want to watch tv. Who cares if you oversleep and we’re rushing about like crazy people on our way to the airport tomorrow? While we’re at it, why don’t we have Skittles and Coca-Cola for dinner as well?
Anyone want to predict what ten gems come out of my mouth tomorrow, while we're flying to OKC and all the fun *that* entails????