Friday, June 22, 2007

Sadly, not any better

Proof positive that my son unfortunately got his geography DNA from me:

The following conversation took place as we left the movie theater after seeing Surf’s Up (two thumbs up, by the way):

Kellen: "Mom, can I be a surfer when I grow up?"

Kristie: "Um, I guess so."

Kellen: "Really? I can?"

Kristie: "Well, yeah. I mean, if you really love it and practice enough, and get really, really, good ….. there are people who surf professionally, you know, to make money."

Kellen: "Great! After we move to Oklahoma, I’m going to practice and practice every single day until I’m the best surfer EVER. Then when I’m a grown up, I’m going to move to Hawaii and surf for real!"

.......................................

So, do *you* want to tell him Oklahoma is a land-locked state and the best wave action he’ll catch is by getting his sister to bounce on his grandmother’s water bed, or should I?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK OK I need to know WHO IS SINGING THIS SONG AND WHAT IS THE NAME OF IT????
I love this song...
Thanks Susan in IN

KirstyB said...

LOLOL...I wouldn't want to be the one to break the news to poor Kellen!!! Maybe y'all could get one of those lap pools installed and just turn the current up really high?? Just promise to take pics for us, k?? :)

Anonymous said...

Kristie,
I love Kellen's comment!!!
So, when are you moving back to Okalahoma??? I love Oklahoma!!! We are fom MN but my husband got his first job out of college in OKC and we moved there the day after we got married. We ended up living there for 11 years and 2 of my 3 children were born there. It is a wonderful, fabulous place with some of the nicest/friendliest people on earth! Now we are back in MN ( moved back so the kids could see their grandparents more than 1-2x a year), but I still have such a fondness for Oklahoma!!! And guess what- there are no Sonics in MN:(

Unknown said...

There is a great waterpark in OKC...can't remember the name of it, but it's really easy to get to...they have a nice wave pool. Kellen could prob surf there...