Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Lager the Wonder Dog

I love the comment from Marsha who said, "God Bless Lager. Not too many dogs have the power to stop speeding trains." (or something like that. I'm blatantly pretending to remember what she said word for word, and am too lazy to look it up in the comment section. But whatever she said, I know that it made me laugh and I loved it.)

So here he is, posing and preening in all his glory, the dog with the power to stop speeding trains. This photos were taken in anticipation of the publicity call from Super Dog Weekly and the feature article they will certainly be writing on our wonder mutt.





"Are you getting my good side?"




"No, no, the LEFT side is my good side ---- not your left, MY LEFT!!"




"Oh, wait. I wasn't ready."





::dog thinking to himself:: "Well, even if the photographer is a moron, I know this boy here loves me like no other."

PS. In response to Anonymous at 9:21 ... I am so very, very sorry for your loss. I don't know if I know you. If I do, I hope you already know how sorry I am. If I don't, then please know you have been on my mind for the past two days and my heart broke just a little bit, reading your comment.

12 comments:

Leece said...

HE'S PERFECT!!! What a woof. SO Beautiful and so doesn't look his age - thank you for sharing. Completely adorable!

kim-d said...

Awww, now that is what I call a true WONDER dog! It appears that he would do anything for any of his humans, but ESPECIALLY for his boy. Thanks for the pix. I, too, have had anonymous on my mind and my heart aches for her. I visit many, many CB sites, but I really hope she knows she is in our thoughts.

M said...

Nothing like a good dog to come home to!

Sabrina C. said...

What an adorable dog, we have a 3 month old "Toy Fox Terrier" he is a joy. Krisit this is my first blog to you...Please pray for my daughter Mackenise. We are waiting on test results for possible tumor on pituitary or adrenal glands, she has been thrown into "Cushings Syndrome". Please pray for her healing. Keep the stories coming Kristi, I love them.

Anonymous said...

Kristie thanks so much for the kind thoughts. I visit often your blogs are always sure to bring me either laughter or tears, sometimes both. Lager is a beautful dog I hope he got a nice treat for waking you from that dream.

cakeburnette said...

Lager is VERY cute! He doesn't look so old. By the way, one of the little pictures at the top of the page today was one of your children dressed up as a huge raccoon. Which one was that? And was that Halloween in ND or some other place where they have cold Halloweens?

Tracy said...

Loving Lager the Wonder Dog!!! I really like the picture of his with his eyes closed. Too cute!!!

The Traveling Yogi said...

Lager is so cute! Our 14 year old dog looks 14. Lager doesn't look old at all.

Marsha said...

Ohmigosh, I've had more hits on my blog since yesterday afternoon than I normally get in a week! I couldn't figure out what was going on until I came here and saw that you had not only quoted from my comment but had linked to my blog site! I quickly realized that it wasn't that word of my wit and intelligence had spread but simply that my favorite blogger and one who is highly read had linked to me.

I love the pictures of Lager and it is obvious that he is very much a part of your family. I didn't expect anything less.

Oh, if your hit counter moves up exponentially today, it is because I gave you a shout out link from my blog! Should be good for another 2 or 3 new hits!

Marsha

Anonymous said...

He's a beauty---- A real BEAUTY!!!!!

Anonymous said...

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!


If you were like me and couldn't wait until 11 to see the winner, then this could spoil it if you live under a rock. I am so happy that my man (and yours) won! Now then can live happily ever after and have lots of dancing babies!!!

Kathy in Pa

Diane M. Roth said...

thanks for sharing about your real Wonder dog. This is great!