Wednesday, May 30, 2007

100 Things

PS. I apologize in advance for the little red x's I'm sure you'll get in place of some of the pictures. There's no way on God's silver-internet that all these photos will come through and most likely I'll crash my entire Geocities account in the next day or two, due to the sheer volume. But hey, we'll give it a go.




100 Things I Love About You:

















1. I love that after 20 years, yours is still the opinion I seek first, and respect most.

2. I love that you are patient with me, even when I’m crabby.

3. I love the way your ass looks in blue jeans.

4. I love that you don’t talk during movies.

5. I love that you never begrudge me any of the money I spend, even though I don’t earn any of it.

6. I love how you are always nice to my friends.

7. I love how you take care of the lawn, because Lord knows I’m not going to do it.

8. I love how you always let me pick the movie.

9. I love how you don’t get mad, even when it’s a chick flick.



10. I love how you make grilled cheese sandwiches for all us, and always put extra pickles on mine even though you hate pickles with every bone in your body.



11. I love seeing you in uniform.

12. I love how you automatically save your pizza crusts for me.

13. I love how you always carry the groceries from the van into the house for me.

14. I love that you carry them without me having to ask.

15. I love how I feel safe around you.



16. I love how the kids feel safe around you.



17. I love how you always let me plan the vacations (San Diego, Nov 2004)



18. I love how you always have a good time on them (Legoland, Nov 2004)

19. I love that you encourage me to spend time with my girlfriends, and support my weekends away to scrapbook. I know the kids love it, too, because you most likely feed them hot dogs, and pizza, and mac and cheese, and spaghetti (your specialty!) while I am away.




20. I love that you are such a good listener.








21. I love that you have such passion for your hobbies.





22. I love that you look so sexy pursuing them!






23. I love that through example, you have shown our children how to be courageous.



24. I love your dedication to serving our country.





25. I love that you help our children when they are tired, and that they know they can depend on you for that.





26. I love that you are willing to make a fool of yourself, if it means it will make our children laugh.




27. I love that you encourage me to bring the kids to your office, so they can know what it means to have a good work ethic, and can see for themselves how hard you work to provide for our family.



28. I love how seriously you take responsibility for the spiritual welfare of our family.






29. I love that you do all the “manly” chores around the house, like mow the lawn, take out the trash, and put up the Christmas lights each year.






30. I love your love of the game, and how you share the sport of baseball with our children.






31. I love that you are always willing to lend a helping hand.

32. I love your sheer intelligence, and the fact you are so unassuming about it.

33. I love your passion for history.






34. I love the way you call me every day just to check in.

35. I love that you will go to the store for me if I realize I need an ingredient for dinner.

36. I love that you used to always eat my food, and usually go back for seconds, even if it wasn’t very good. I know that you will again someday.




37. I love the way you help our kids feel successful and confident, even on something as simple as the monkey bars.



38. I love the relationship you are building with our children.






39. I love that you know when I need a break, a hug, a nap, a diet soda, a kick in the ass, or a kiss on the lips.




40. I love that the first time I ever went fishing, it was with you. And I love that I actually caught something. And most of all I love that we got a picture of the two of us that day.






41. I love that you are the one person with whom I can be totally honest, and to whom I can tell all my secrets, and never fear that you will judge me or quit loving me.






42. I love the way you encourage our children to find their sense of wonder.






43. I love the way you will take our children on pony rides, even though you've hated horses ever since your sister’s horse kicked you when you were young.






44. I love that you introduced me to your military lifestyle twenty-odd years ago by inviting me to a Dining Out in college, even if the concept of a grog bowl was foreign to me.






45. I love that through the military lifestyle, you’ve exposed me to so many people and places these past twenty years. You knocked my white picket fence wide open, and I’m so grateful.






46. I love when you tell me I am a good mother.






47. I love that you treat the girls in our family with respect, so our daughters will someday expect the same respect from their husbands.






48. I love that you loved me enough to ask me to marry you. (Engagement picture, 1986)






49. I love that you always look forward to attending the kids’ school and sports activities (50’s Night, 2004)





50. I love that you encourage our kids to use their imaginations.








51. I love that you play with our kids.






52. I love how very much they love you for that.






53. I love that you are a living, breathing example of the truest form of empathy.

54. I love that you always have time for our children.









55. I love that they trust you to hold them secure, no matter what.






56. I love that you treat me with respect, because our son sees this, and will one day treat his wife with respect.

57. I love that you never lose your temper when one of the kids spills or breaks something.

58. I love that you used to hold my hair back when I was younger and would drink too much.






59. I love that you are so incredibly unselfish.

60. I love that you have such nice legs from playing catcher in baseball all those years.

61. I love that you have put up with me through some very unfortunate hair choices:


“The Too-Short Phase”


“The Too-Dark Phase”


“The Big 1980’s Perm Phase”


62. I love that I can spend all day with you, and still look foward to spending the evening together.

63. I love that you listen to my music in the car, even though you hate it.








64. I love that you give in to my requests to take the kids on nature walks, even though you always wind up carrying them.

65. I love that you always manage to get all the suitcases in the van, no matter how much I’ve overpacked for vacation.






66. I love the way you’ve treated our pets.






67. I love the way you’ve taught our children to treat our pets.

68. I love that you always tell me I’m not fat, no matter how much weight I’ve gained.

69. I love the way you listen to me, even when I’m rambling on about nothing.

70. I love that you don’t have a dishonest bone in your whole body.

70.5. I love that you are showing our children what it means to be a good husband.

Brayden, age 10: Daddy is a good husband because: “When you need help he helps you and basically he just helps you with stuff. And when you’re lonely he spends time with you. He’s funny and he’s really loyal to you. And if he promises something, he’ll do it, and that’s what makes him a good husband.”

Kellen, age 9: Daddy is a good husband because: “I don’t really know what you two do because I’m really at school most of the time. A person is a good husband if they treat us nice and make us chocolate milk all we want.”

Kendrie, age 7: Daddy is a good husband because: “He’s nice and he plans things good on your birthday. He takes care of you if you’re sick.”




71. I love your willingness to be around my family, and how they are always welcome in our home.

72. I love that you asked my father for permission to marry me.

73. I love the way you squeeze my hand three times to say “I love you”.




74. I love that when you say you will do something, you do it. Even building a deck which I had no idea you knew how to build.






75. I love your broad, square shoulders. Especially when they are carrying one of our children.






76. I love your hands; how they can be gentle, strong, soft, caring, and capable, all at once.

77. I love the way you mop the kitchen floor, and look sexy doing it.

78. I love that you hate whiny, lazy people, just like I do.

79. I love your calm spirit. You are the perfect match for my spaz-i-ness.




80. I love that we have been celebrating New Years Eve together since 1985.

81. I love that you keep the garage and the inside of my van clean.

82. I love that you bring me diet sodas when I ask, and sometimes even before I ask.

83. I love that we are best friends.

84. I love that God is your first priority.




85. I love that the kids and I are a close second.


86. I love that you let me take up more than half of the bathroom counter.

87. I love that you are always willing to clean up vomit, be it animal or human, because you know it makes me sympathy gag.

88. I love that you have allowed and encouraged me to be a surrogate.

89. I love that you know so much about aviation history and how planes actually stay up in the air.

90. I love that you are an import snob and refuse to drink domestic beer.

91. I love that you think you are good with names, when in reality, you are terrible with names.




92. I love the way you never complain (at least not too much) when I buy “some assembly required” furniture.

93. I love that I can depend on you.

94. I love that you have read the entire Bible.

95. I love that you don’t make fun of my complete and total lack of geographical knowledge.

96. On the flip side, I love that you are a good sport when I kick your ass in Trivial Pursuit-Pop Culture Edition.




97. I love that you don’t blame me when the kids repeat a curse word, even though we both totally know it’s my fault.

98. I love that you are obsessed with the Weather Channel and the History Channel




99. I love that you are so patient with our children.








100. I love that you have always been a hands-on dad.






101. I love that you are teaching our kids how to fish.






102. I love that you go in late to work every year on the first day of school, so you can take the kids to school with me and let them know how important their eduation is to us.




103. I love that you can admit you are wrong. Like that time we were getting our portrait made, and I told you to bring a red tie and instead you brought a burgundy tie, and we got into an argument right there in the photographer's studio about the difference between true red and burgundy and you didn’t believe me that burgundy has a purplish tint and wouldn’t match my red sweater and tried telling me it didn’t matter and I didn’t know my color wheel only to realize that I was right and you were wrong and your tie looked like shit with my sweater. And oh, how we laughed about it later.




104. I love that you take the kids four-wheeling at Aunt Kelly’s, even though you hate it, because you know that they enjoy it.










105. I love that you have loved all three of our children from the first moment you laid eyes on them.

106. I love that you clean up the kitchen every night after dinner.




107. I love that you will ride the Tilt-A-Whirl with the kids when I start to feel sick from riding it too many times.






108. I love that you teach by example.




109. I love that you teach our children to be kind and to love one another.




110. I love that you don’t lose your temper, even when it’s been a really, really, REALLY long day.





111. I love that you humor my insistence on matching or coordinating outfits for our family every year in our Christmas picture:




"1998"




"1999"




"2000"




"2000"




"2001"




"2002"




"2003"




"2004"


112. I love that you won’t care, or probably even notice, that my “100 Things I Love About You” list has gone way over 100.

113. I love that our first date together was a blind date, and even though we didn’t like one another, we still wound up together for over twenty years.



114. I love that we can look forward to the next twenty, too.

Happy 20th Wedding Anniversary, Blaine, I love you.

90 comments:

Karo said...

Kristie, this is one of the most beautiful things I've ever read. Congratulations on your anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you many, many more! There's just something about a man in uniform isn't there. And Oh My Gosh - my son told me this weekend that the Sonic in Highpoint, NC his mother-in-law goes to SELLS her bags of ICE!
Happy Anniversary.
Susan H.
Greensboro, NC

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 20 years of marriage! That was wonderful and I could view all but 3 pictures!! My husband and I will be married for 14 years this year and earlier this month was the anniversary of our first date...18 years ago! I couldn't believe that I have been with him for 1/2 of my life...and then one of my kids informed me...you ARE old!! Oh well, I call it faithful, loyal, love etc
Once again, congratulations and hope you make it 20+ more years!
Kristina
Brookville, Ohio

cakeburnette said...

Wow...this is the most romantic thing I've ever seen. Thank you so much for sharing it with all of us.

Congratulations and here's to many, many more love- and laughter-filled years together,

~Lisa

Anonymous said...

I love how much you love your husband.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 20 years!!!

Your hubby doesn't have a clone in NY by any chance, does he? LOL You guys are so lucky to have each other.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Blaine and Kristie! Woohoo! 20 big ones. Loved all the pictures, every one of them showed up. Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

I'm sitting here in tears!!! That was so sweet! Happy Anniversary to both of you!!!

Meg from Americus

Anonymous said...

SO SO SWEET. Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 20 years! Happy, Happy Anniversary Blaine and Kristie! We will be celebrating 10 in January and I have already begun to get emotional about it. Which is obvious by the amount of tears shed while I read through your post.
Shannon
www.caringbridge.org/tx/ethantf

Anonymous said...

Wow - that was amazing. Something so many can only dream of. Happy happy anniversary Blaine & Kristie. May you have every happiness :)

Anonymous said...

COngrats on 20 years! What a wonderful example! I read all 114 things you love about Blaine and saw every single picture! Blaine is lucky to have you and you are lucky to have him! May your anniversary day be filled with love, maybe a nice dinner, and some quiet time! Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Wow. What an amazing tribute to your husband. Congratulations on the 20 years of marriage!

Kristin in NC

Anonymous said...

That was so beautiful, it actually made me cry. You have inspired me to make one like that for my husband.
Wishing you a Happy Anniversary,
From Northern Illinois

The Traveling Yogi said...

Ok, you should have put a warning up front that we may need some tissues! That made me cry. What a wonderful tribute to a wonderful husband. May the two of you be blessed with MANY more happy years together.

Briana

Anonymous said...

Tammy in Fort Worth, yes, we could of used a tissue alert! What a wonderful '100 things'! You made me love Blaine just as much, especially that hot picture of him with the fish (no shirt) WOW! Have a great 20th anniversary, you both deserve it, 20 years, now that is something to be proud of that does'nt happen to much these days. Thanks for sharing all the great pictures Kristie, I loved everyone of them.....

Unknown said...

So fabulous, Kristie!! I love the warmth, love, and humor that come through...as in all of your writing. So can I borrow your idea and do something similar for Mark someday? Blaine will love it!

Anonymous said...

OH MY!!! That was the most beautiful thing I have ever read. You have such a way with words. Happy Anniversary.
Susan Hicks
Greenwood IN

Anonymous said...

omg....my marriage is so inadequate...can I join yours!?

I really loved #103 and how exactly do you arrange for #106?

Kristie, you're the best... you always brighten my day, what a gift :)

judi mitchell, franklin ma

Anonymous said...

Very cool. Congrats on your anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Just about the best thing ever. I can feel the love between all of you--how wonderful! Congratulations on your anniversary! I hope to be so happy at our 20 years (we've got four under the belt). Thank you for a beautiful entry and a glimpse into an incredible marriage and family.

Anonymous said...

Happy 20th and wishes for every happiness and success in at least 20 and more!

Anonymous said...

I think I may love Blaine also- and I have never even met him!! Congrats to ALL of you. Your children are lucky to have such fabulous parents!!
Here's to many more!!!
Kris in MI

Anonymous said...

Okay, well - after all that - now you've got ME in love with him too! Can I have him when you're done?? No?? Don't blame you! Seriously, tho - congratulations! My marriage from a blind date didn't end up happily ever after - but I'm so glad that yours has!

Anonymous said...

What an awesome gift. I had tears in my eyes quite a few times. I am sure Blaine is going to love it!!

Kim said...

I've been lurking on your blog for the past few weeks, and this post brought me out of my lurkdom. I have tears in my eyes. This was one of the most touching things I've ever read. It makes my attempt at something similar for my fiancé for his birthday a few weeks ago feeble at best. Thank you so much for sharing.

PS: I think the 2000 Christmas picture is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kristie,
I must admit I teared up a little with this one, too. I'm getting married this September to a wonderful man. I sure hope that I'll be able to write a list similar to this one 20 years from now. You guys are awe-inspiring. Congratulations and here's to 20 more!
Cheryl
Warner Robins, GA

Anonymous said...

Wow. Just Wow. So awesome. I'm in tears. And I'm totally stealing this idea (and some stuff on your list) for our 10th anniversary coming up in a few months. Congratulations. May you get at least 50 more.

Anonymous said...

I love how you gave me a great idea for our anniversary! (June 3) That was one of the most romantic things I've read in a long time. You two are so lucky to have each other.

Anonymous said...

Happy 20th to Kristie and Blaine!!!! What a beautiful list to Blaine. May the next 20 be just as full of love as the first 20!!!

Love,
The McCarthy 6

krueth said...

Congratulations on your 20th anniversary. I agree with some of the others, you should have warned us to have the tissue's ready. What a wonderful tribute you gave to your hubby...Are there any more like him out there? I could use one...Congrats again

Anonymous said...

I love, love, love your 100 things. It brought tears to my eyes because I could just tell how much you love your husband. And, who wouldn't - he sounds like a wonderful husband! As a scrapbooker myself I can only imagine how beautiful this album looks. How did you list them all in the book? With several on a page? I've thought often of doing something like this for my husband but just never have gotten around to it. You've inspired me. A funny note on listing the reasons why you love your husband... a long time ago I was really upset with my husband and was having a hard time getting over it. I sat down and made up a list of things I liked about him just to remind myself that I really and truly did love him. He found the list years later and it had really stupid things on it like "he's a good vacuumer, he organizes my kitchen, etc." He was like "what is this?" He laughed and laughed when I told him why I had made the list. Thanks for sharing your beautiful list. Congratulations on 20 years!!!
Lisa C.
Cheshire, CT

Anonymous said...

AMAZING !!!! I still want to see that engagement picture. I loved it all !

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY KRISTIE AND BLAINE!

Anonymous said...

OMG...that was one of the most beautiful things I've ever read. You sure have a way with words. Congrats on your 20 years. BTW, does he have a single brother? LOL

Jessica in Savannah

Anonymous said...

Happy 20th you two - and many more. Yes it was a truly touching and lovely gesture Kristie - but only 114 things documented to LOVE about Blaine??? When did you become a woman of few words?? Just from living your life with you both (vicariously) I have several more "I love you becauses" to add. You might have actually short changed your wonderful husband - thus might I suggest you double up on pictures and comments for sharing for your 40th!!! Congrats, best wishes and remember it takes two so some of those I love you because are interchangeable - you are a wonderful friend, mom & wife too!

Anonymous said...

That was absolutely beautiful. How lucky for your kids to have such an amazing example of what to look for in a partner and how marriage is supposed to be. My mom was a single mother she died when I was twenty and I never had a chance to really get to know my dad he left when I was six. Thank you for sharing that, I'm 22, and i have to say yours is one of the first examples of a healthy relationship I've ever seen, you don't see many stable relationships in college, I guess there is hope that they are out there.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that made me cry it was so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Kristie, what a wonderful tribute! You truly have a way with words. Is the song by Tim McGraw? Would you mind sharing with us? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Add me to the list. I love him, too!

Congratulations to both of you. I hope you can add another 100 to your list when you get to 50 years.

Now, would someone please pass the kleenex?

Dixie in CA

Anonymous said...

Kristie,

Happy Anniversary! All of the pictures and every comment about your husband were just beautiful. (wiping tears)

Amanda

Pam D said...

I love how Blaine unselfishly shares you with all the rest of us. Happy anniversary, and may you have at least 40 more! :<)

Anonymous said...

We share the same wedding anniversary date:) David and I got married May 30, 1986. "Happy Anniversary". I loved your update and pictures!

Anonymous said...

Kristie, that was BEAUTIFUL!! Happy anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Does he have a brother.
Hee hee

Lori

HeatherB said...

Happy Anniversary Kristie and Blaine!! Here's to another 20 years!!

Kristie- What a great tribute to you husband! I loved it!

Much love to your whole family,
Heather

Tammy said...

OMG Kristie! Love the pictures! Dont ya just love a man in uniform...and in a grass skirt and coconut bra? hee hee
You have a great husband, he's a keeper! (can i borrow him for the summer to cut *MY* lawn?!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! Loved it, loved it, loved it!!How do you think and remember all those things about him!!! Amazing. Congrats!

Leeann said...

I am absolutely blown away.

Blown away by what a loving thing that was for you to have done.

Blown away by what an amazing man Blaine is.

Blown away by the sheer quantity and quality of your pictures.

Blown away by the fact that Blaine has this awesome freaking body that I didn't even know he had.

Thank you so much for sharing that with us. It was fantastic. I honestly laughed and cried, simultaneously.

You guys are truly blessed to have one another.
Leeann

Anonymous said...

That was THE MOST romantic thing. God has blessed your marriage big time. What a beautiful tribute and anniversary gift. Wow. And I have to say that it makes the leaf blower I bought my husband for our anniversary look like a piece of crap.

Claire in Indiana

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, Kristie and Blaine. You guys are a perfect match and have an amazing relationship. You are great role models. A beautiful tribute to Blaine, and I know every bit of it is the absolute truth!

Can't wait to celebrate! 31 days!

Anonymous said...

Wow Kristie,
That was a powerful post- what a beautiful tribute. I will be married 17 years next month and I could say many of they very same things about my own husband. What a great idea- I may just have to do something like that for my prince charming:) Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

What a wonderful tribute! I also had some tears reading it.

(I had to laugh, though, my DH and I had our first date at a dining out, too, and I had no idea what I was in for.)

Marie
www.caringbridge.org/visit/marielle

Anonymous said...

AND TOMORROW'S TOPIC IS "BLAINE'S REBUTTAL/RESPONSE" AND a thorough report on HIS anniversary effort!!!

Sarah said...

I am sitting here in awe of how much you adore your husband, even after 20 years together. Happy Anniversary Kristie and Blaine!

What an amazing man you have married! Thanks for sharing your love for him with all of us!

Sarah

Unknown said...

I hope your anniversary was wonderful..

Funny, until i read your list i really didnt appreciate the "little" things that our husbands have in common.. :) thanks!


That made me cry.. it was beautiful!!

Marsha said...

Terrific post Kristi... happy anniversary to you both and prayers for many more years of happiness for you all!

Anonymous said...

Kristie, I just had to post even tho I have been a loyal lurker for years... Your sentiments made me laugh, made me cry, and made me wish that all relationships could have half the love, emotion, and intimacy, and playfulness that yours does.

And I hope I made you happy by coming out of lurkmode, so that you know another complete stranger LOVES you! hugs, Karen in California

Anonymous said...

Wow,
Your blog for your husband about your anniversary was so awesome.I'm sure he'll treasure it forever-it was so wonderful!I wish you both a very sweet anniversary and many happy years together.You are so blessed to have each other and such a beautiful family.

Nancy O.
Seattle,WA.
njobr@netzero.net

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful gift to your husband and your children... i hope you won't mind if i "reference" it in a couple of years!
Have a wonderful day.
mary cron schulman
sd, ca/crosslake, mn

Shannon Mashinchi said...

COngratulations...your post brought tears to my eyes...

~*~Snappz~*~ said...

Beautiful and eloquent :o)

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

Awww - how sweet. What a neat way to show Blaine how much you love him. I may steal the idea... ;-)

I hope you had a wonderful Anniversary - here's to many, many more!

Kathi
(ALL-Kids list)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary and WOW!!! What a touching, romantic list....thanks for sharing.
God bless,
Mary in Illinois

Anonymous said...

Wow Kristie~
I haven't commented in a while,but I wanted to let you know that and I couldn't stop reading your list this morning, despite having to get the kids off to school... What a beautiful tribute to a great guy, and an incredible marriage! You guys just continue to be an inspiration!! With everything you've been through, it's wonderful that it's only brought you closer... Congratulations on 20 years!! Wishing you another 20!! We will be celebrating our 15 year next week... I hope you don't mind yet another person borrowing your idea!! I can't wait to get started on it!
www.babyhomepages.net/schauers

Anonymous said...

Kristie:

Beautiful, ABSOLUTELY beautiful. How blessed you and Blaine are to have each other!!! I was able to see most of the pictures, and have had tears streaming down my face as I read your "love note" to your sweet husband. Thanks so, so much for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Blaine & Kristie!

Kristie, this really is a fantastic entry! But I do have just ONE question. I think it was at #34...the picture by the Christmas tree. WHAT are you wearing?! I just hope you tell me it's a nightgown or a robe...but I'm not sure because Blaine appears dressed and ready for the day. So even if it is a dress, I prefer that you lie to me and tell me it's a robe. Because...that shouldn't be a dress. I think it might be flannel.

Oh, and the picture at around #110 where Blaine is dragging who I believe to be Kellen through the parking lot totally cracks me up! TOO FUNNY! And while he's trying to wrangle Kellen in one arm and Kendrie on the other side...you're taking pictures. Hee hee...:)

:)

Abbie
DSM, IA

Anonymous said...

Kristie~~What an awesome tribute! Congratulations and may you have AT LEAST 20 more happy, picture-filled years together!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Kristie & Blaine - and many, many more to come. My husband and I will be celebrating 29 years in July. I hope you don't mind, but I am going to put together something similar for our 30th anniversary next year. At this time of our lives, it is hard to think of something original or something that he doesn't already have, and what you did is priceless, and the most meaningful gift of all. I think my husband would be shocked and amazed if I came up with something similar about our 37 years of knowing each other (we were high school sweethearts). I hope your family is doing well. Have a good summer together.

Anonymous said...

Dear Kristie and Blaine,
I love this, it is wonderful, Blaine sounds like an angel on earth!! What a great husband to have! Your hair is nice at all it's stages but I do like you with the bob, is that what you call it, a fringe? the pics are all lovely, I had to save the three of Blaine with the children when they were little babies, they are just so precious!
Wishing you both many more happy years, and the best of luck to Blaine in his fight with cancer.
All my prayers,
Love Angela

Anonymous said...

Congrads ...This was so incredibly special..but I knew you would come up with something this great considering your christmas letter is so thoroughly planned out every year. This truly is special and I am sure BLAINE is soaking in every second of the glory....Love, Marci

Leece said...

Wow. Treasure every moment. I used to tell my late husband 'l love you' and he'd say 'why?' and I could never come up with an eloquent answer. Happy anniversary to you both. Ihope you have many more together in your future. Love and Prayers.

Anonymous said...

Kristie,
What a awesome gift to give the man you love. You guys really have something special. I'm sure that all the single women reading your blog will be willing to take Blaine off your hands. You have a great husband and Blaine has a wonderful wife. I love how much the little things mean to you.
I do want to know how you get him to do things without asking? Is he just trained very well or that sweet?
Thanks for sharing this with us lurkers. I think I'll use your idea for a Father's Day gift, if it's ok with you?
Happy 20th and I pray that the next 20 will be even better.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!
That was simply beautiful!
Wishing you 20 plus 20 plus maybe even 20 more!

kim-d said...

Awww, what a cute couple of young, crazy kids you two were back 20 years ago! I just loved every picture and every numbered item; thank you so much for sharing this with us. And thank you so much for sharing the shirtless-Blaine pictures with us, too. WHO KNEW? WHEW! HOT! AND YOU ROCK! :)

kim-d/mn

Anonymous said...

Kristie, this is such a beautiful gift from the heart to Blaine! Happy Anniversary to you, both. Your post really touched me and made me realize that my husband also deserves a 100+ list.

Your words/photos to Blaine will also be so special to your children and their future spouses. Blessings to all of you!

Lynne B.

Jennifer said...

This is the sweetest thing I've seen in a long time. It made me cry. Blaine, maybe you don't think you could ever choose to be anything but a great husband and dad. There are plenty of men who have chosen to be absent, and I applaud you for never letting your family know that kind of pain.

Mrs. Denten said...

Kristie. Awesome. I don't even know you (although sometimes I feel like I do!) and I have tears in my eyes. I hope he cherishes the album, and I hope he cherishes you as much as you do him. From the looks of it, he truly does.

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm speechless. Happy Anniversary!

Cindy said...

Congratulations, and Happy Anniversary! This is a beautiful, wonderful post. It made me teary on several occasions, and laugh out loud on several more. That's probably just about right.

Here's to at LEAST 20 more!

Anonymous said...

WOW. Just WOW. Many, many more.

Unknown said...

That was beautiful. #48 brought me to tears. Congratulations to you and Blaine!

Anonymous said...

Kristie, I LOVED this! (It's Jennifer - Jackson's mom btw. If you don't remember us... www.caringbrige.com/ca/jackson) - I have followed you since you moved here away from CaringBridge. I couldn't live without your journals! As I've said before, you are amazing and I am so happy Kendrie is doing so well! She and Jackson are survivors! Sorry I never comment, what can I say, I am lazy and selfish...I enjoy your blogs and then don't let you know : ( I read them all, and still think you are the funniest person on the planet!

Wishing you many more years of happiness!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That was beautiful. Happy Anniversary!

Melissa said...

Aw. I have had a soft spot for Blaine for a long time but now I think I love him too!

Kristin in Allen, TX said...

Kristie, I SO copied this idea! I'm about to celebrate my 19th anniversary, but with Father's Day coming up, I thought, what a GREAT idea! I don't have time to scrapbook it, but I am so going to use the APPLE program to make a linen covered photo album! I've had three done and they turned out GORGEOUS! Thanks for the great idea! My husband will LOVE it! Congratulations on 20 wonderful years! Where did the time go?? I look at my husband and ask that everyday! We suddenly have 4 kids, a home, bills, responsibilities! When did it all happen??!

Kristin :O)

Anonymous said...

I am so glad I found your site - heartwarming, just beautiful.

Monica H said...

What a beautiful anniversary gift. You have inspired me to make one of my own.

Happy Anniversary to you both :)

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

Simply awesome.

Hallie

Heidi said...

When I get married, I want to love my husband as much as you love yours =)