Sorry there’s no new entry today (I remember the days when posting twice a week seemed like a lot, now I feel weird if I miss a day) but Tuesdays are usually difficult for me to get on the computer. It’s the day I volunteer at the kids school from 8-3, then rush home for snacks and homework, leave again for soccer practice (Kendrie) soccer practice (Kellen) and basketball practice (Kellen) all three at different times in different places. Home by 7:30, make a delicious late-dinner for my family (Ha, how about mini-pizzas, because they’re quick, and nothing says “I love you and care about your nutritional health” quite like slapping some cheese on an English muffin), finish homework, baths, then story time, because I am a devoted parent, except unfortunately last night I actually fell asleep sitting up on the sofa with “The Boxcar Children” propped in my lap. At 9pm. Seriously. 9 pm. I think I need to have my thyroid checked or something. Today’s not looking much better, since I’m proctoring writing tests at the school in the morning, then splurging with part of our income tax return to have cruise control put on Blaine’s truck and will be at the dealers all afternoon. Wow, cruise control. We are wild and crazy when we get some extra cash in our hands, aren’t we? Quick jaunt to Jamaica? Big-screen TV? Boob lift? No, cruise control.
Add in to this the fact that Blaine is in Seattle this week so I’m doing the solo parenting gig for a few …. Wait. What? He’s NOT in Seattle this week? "But I thought this was the follow-up visit he has had planned for months, to get his second post-radiation MRI of his head, meet with his oncologist, meet with the surgeon, and have the CT done of his lungs for that stupid, stupid mass in his shoulder????" Well, that was the plan anyway. He was supposed to leave Sunday, but we were contacted late Friday afternoon and informed that his Tricare referral-authorization had expired the day before. And since it takes them 3 to 5 working days to push through a new authorization, he wasn’t allowed to go to Seattle. So the whole thing will have to be rescheduled, with all the doctors and all the tests, once the new authorization is approved.