Thursday, June 08, 2006

TOO BAD I STILL DON’T KNOW WHAT I WANT TO BE WHEN I GROW UP

Photographic proof that maybe it’s time I found something that pays a little better than this stay-at-home-mom gig:






Blaine’s reply? “Hey, I’m not cheap, I’m resourceful!”

*************************

Further proof that maybe it’s time I reconsidered my status as stay-at-home-mom?? --- The phone call I made to Blaine from the paper towel aisle at Wal-Mart tonight at 9:22pm.

Me: “I’m not coming home until they are asleep; I don’t care how long it takes or how much money I spend waiting here in the meantime!” (Wait, maybe that money comment is the reason my husband is repairing the soles of his tennis shoes with a vise.)

Blaine: “They’re in bed, you can come home now.”

Me: “But are they asleep?!?!? I’m not coming home until they’re asleep!”

Time spent in Wal-Mart: 37 minutes

Money spent: $122.91

An hour where I didn’t have to listen to the ungrateful little shits whine and fuss and fight and argue: Priceless.

No comments: