Monday, June 29, 2009

Vacation Day One

Photo of the Day:



Look at those shining, smiling, happy faces. No tears, no fighting, no arguing, no complaining. Nothing but enthusiasm and excitement and cooperation.

Of course, we hadn't even backed out of the driveway yet, but we were definitely off to a good start.


Comment of the Day:

Kristie: "How's it going out there? Is Dad getting the suitcases up in the luggage carrier ok?"

Kendrie: "Yeah, um. Well, he's cussing .... a LOT."


Thought of the Day:

There are no friends like dear friends who you don't get to see NEAR often enough. Rena', thanks to you and your kids for meeting us for dinner and ice cream ..... I still miss our glory days in Georgia .... all girlfriends, all the time.

8 comments:

Kelly said...

That sure did make me laugh..I needed that today!!!

Alisa said...

Yea! You made it out! I almost called today to see if you did. Can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring!

Rhonda said...

I just want to know why Blaine doesn't get to sit in the front seat with you??!!??? :)

Jeanette in GA said...

Kristie and Rena'-Miss you both!

Now I am humming "Shiny Happy People" by REM...Thanks Kristie!

Renee said...

Glad you had fun with Rena. But I'm jealous. I MISS YOU!!! Have a great safe trip!

Anonymous said...

So good to see you all last night. Oh..how I miss the Georgia days!!! Hope you have a great vacation, can't wait to see all of your pictures.
Rena'

vgsmom said...

Hope you all have a great trip. Be safe in all that driving. You didn't forget to pick up your mom did you? Didn't see her in the picture.

Dianna in Louisiana said...

Great Post Kristie, and great picture..... everyone really does look SO happy. Hopefully, those smiles are getting even bigger as you start cruising!