Monday, November 24, 2008

Why would I eat there?

So, driving in the car with Brayden yesterday, her voice piped up from the back seat, and the following conversation took place:

Brayden: Mom, what's I.B.S. ??

Me: Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Brayden: What's that?

Me: Well, I'm pretty sure it's when your stomach cramps, and you poop a lot. Or can't poop at all.

Brayden: That's disgusting.

Me: People can't really help it, it's just something that happens.

Brayden: No, I mean that's disgusting that a restaurant would do that.

Me: Huh? What?

Brayden: That restaurant back there, ::insert name of favorite local BBQ joint:: has on their sign "Best IBS in town". Why would we want to eat there if it's going to make us sick?

And you know, it took me just a minute to figure it out.

Me: RIBS, Brayden, best RIBS in town. The "r" is missing.

17 comments:

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

After that conversation, I'd skip that resturant just on principal!!

Hallie :)

Anonymous said...

Kristie, you have spent wayyyy tooo much time in and around hospitals and doctors. I don't think I would have thought of IBS syndrome!!! LOL YOu are so funny. Glad it was only a missing R for the Ribs :-)
Claire in TX

The Foster Home said...

Thanks, great way to start the morning with a great laugh.

Unknown said...

ROFL!

Missy K said...

LOL!!! That is great! Love that kid.

ReRe said...

this cracked me up!!!

Pam D said...

ha ha ha ha.........wait... YUCK!

Pam D said...

btw... the Foster Home folks... they're good people! Their oldest boy and my boy are best buds at church.... Hi Jessica! :<)

Missy said...

Hee-hee-hee-hee! Gotta watch those signs. They tell more than you'd think!

Anonymous said...

LOL!!! Hope your talk of IBS and the like stays at a minimum on Thanksgiving!

Stacia said...

That could be a way to get folks in. Sort of a cleansing experience.
KIDDING!
That is truly a cute kid you got there. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Where did the links to the blogs you read go? There were some great blogs there and I didn't bookmark any of them. Thanks

Anonymous said...

That is classic!

Anne in GA

Anonymous said...

Ha! Not that IBS is funny. Or pooping in general. Or not pooping. Or excessive pooping. Not funny. Ha!

(I don't know what I'm saying).

Amy said...

God love that little blonde! :)

Anonymous said...

Damn funny.

Sarah said...

LOL - Too funny! Talk about an "uncomfortable" subject! hehe