Thursday, March 26, 2009

Let's blame Yahoo, shall we?

I was all set to update a fascinating, scintillating, high-energy masterpiece** tonight, complete with photos, as I am sure so many of you are waiting with baited breath to hear about the latest exciting escapades of our family. Or not.

But when I tried to upload my photos to my server, I got a notice that Geocities, the Yahoo server where I store my photos, is "down" for some site maintenance and won't be back up for several hours.

So I figure I have a few options:

1. Post the blog entry without the photos. Really, not a good idea because the entire post consists of two pictures and two sentences, so if you take away the pictures you only have the sentences which wouldn't even make any sense without the photos, because then people would just be wondering why did I have these two random sentences and what do they even mean and is Kristie going insane or just not making sense like she always/never does much like this explanation doesn't make sense either but don't blame me I ate too many Milk Duds tonight and am suffering from sugar poisoning.

2. Wait up a few hours, eating more Milk Duds all the while, for the site maintenance to finish, and then go ahead and start typi ......... zzzzzzz .zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzng. (snore)

3. Blather on in this nonsensical manner and hope it counts as a post. Or as a blog fart, to quote one of my newest favorite bloggers.

In the end, my fluffy pillow and comfy bed won out.

Good night!!

**You know I'm kidding right? Unless you count photos of my daughter's orthodontic headgear as fascinating, or stories about me puking green beer on St. Patricks day scintillating.

Wait. Is "scintillating" a dirty word???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristi,

Love your blog, as I loved Kendrie's Caringbridge site. It gave me many laughs as my own daughter was going through treatment. I just can't help myself though - it's "bated breath". I'm only being anal about this because I know you are usually a stickler for good grammar and spelling. Anyhoo, all the best to your wonderful family, and especially to Blaine as he battles the beast again.

Cozyflier said...

Kristie, I hate it when the web sites are down. Lots of them have been having troubles lately. Guess you have a post for another day!

Musings from Me said...

I have the perfect vehicle for you to do a post without pics. I participate in "WORDFUL Wednesdays" -- you post a para or two with ot without photos. Check my blog for url. I also do WORDLESS Weds only photos -- now words.