Tuesday, February 17, 2009

SPT Challenge Feb 17



SPT Challenge for February 17:

Take a self-portrait about "the first thing that attracted me to you ......"

I met Blaine when I was 18 years old. (Almost 19, but hey, who's counting?) He was an older, wiser, more mature, 21 year old college student; ROTC member. So what attracted me to him the most? Was it his good looks? Charm? Winning smile? His love for deep, philosophical conversations? His interest in the world around him? His care for others? His sense of duty and honor? His integrity? His determination to put himself (successfully) through college? His self-discipline and love for the military lifestyle? Wonderful interpersonal skills???????

Hell, no! It was his awesome shoulders and amazing biceps and pecs!!!



(Hey, I'm just being honest here --- just LOOK at these broad shoulders --- YUM! And you should have seen him without a shirt on!)

His muscular legs, honed from playing years of baseball, crouched in the catcher's position, was a close second.

Lest you think I am completely shallow and vapid, let me assure you that beyond the physical, I *did* appreciate the finer things he was able to bring to my life ..... like the fact he was legal, and could buy us beer on the weekends.

Good to know I had my priorities straight.

To see more spt challenges, go here.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep, priorities. Like a hot bod and the fact that he was 19 to my 17 and could buy booze! He was my boss at the pizza place I worked at, got me a bottle of Boone's Farm on our first date. I drank, threw up, passed out and he got me home at 4:30 am! Sounds like an auspicious start, but 29 years later, we still laugh till we snort (ok, I'm the only one that snorts). I guess picking a guy for his body and ID worked out ok!
Sheila-MN

vgsmom said...

It was worth the wait. Great picture.

Ann On and On... said...

That post was too funny. All the ?'s leading up to shoulders and beer, hee hee.....

Stefunkc said...

You crack me up! And look beautiful in that picture:)

Liz said...

I love my own hubby's biceps and beg him to show them off to me... He only ever lets me sneak a short, little peak. It's never enough!

Thanks for your honesty, it was so fun!!!

Anonymous said...

great photo of you and Blaine

Lisa

Anonymous said...

I've always been a BUTT woman myself - but hey! Shoulders are pretty good too!

Alisa said...

Oh- love me some muscle too!
good shot of you two- like the angle-

You make me laugh too- the way you write!

Dacia said...

Hilarious post. I have to say I'm a shoulders kind of girl too! Fun photo!

Pam D said...

Sweet, kristie.. Blaine definitely is THE man! Got another photography site for you. The judge on the I Heart Faces photo contest this week has an awesome site: http://www.robmiracle.com/
Check it out...

Allison said...

Kristy, was this a recent pic??? Your hair is dark!!! You look so different! I love it! Ok, that was a lot of exclamations wasn't it?

Allison said...

OMG, I just spelled your name wrong. I'm sorry!!! Please forgive me.