Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Hair -- A Year in Review

337 Days to Go

Well, so many people have commented, both online and in person, on the speed at which Kendrie's hair is growing, I just thought I would give you a little timeline pictorial of "The Year in Review" -- A Hair-Raising Experience, To Say The Least. (apologies in advance if you're on dialup!)

****************************************************
SEPTEMBER 2003 -- ONE MONTH BEFORE DIAGNOSIS:


Wow, it's hard to remember when I had this much hair! What I DO remember is fussing every time Mom tried to brush it!!



But Mom always said she thought I looked like the Little Dutch Boy.
(((do you think she heard me saying this, and that's when the gender-confusion began???)))

***************************************************
NOVEMBER 2003 -- ONE MONTH AFTER DIANGOSIS


Oh, geez, the hair is really starting to come out now -- see how thin it's getting? You can actually see my scalp in certain places. (Mom was surprised to find this photo ... she doesn't remember me smiling, let alone laughing, any time before mid-December!)



But hey! If Donald Trump can pull off the comb-over from Hell, I think I should be able to do the same thing!

*****************************************************
DECEMBER 2003 -- TWO AND A HALF MONTHS INTO TREATMENT


Yeah, it's getting hard to avoid the truth .... it's definitely on the way out.


But you know what? This Mark Miller guy sings lead for a band called Sawyer Something and *HE* looks pretty cool with his bald head and a microphone -- maybe there's still hope for me with my karoke Christmas present! I just have to work a little harder to pull off the rock-star thing!

to be continued ....

No comments: