Saturday, January 22, 2005

HAIR TODAY, GONE TOMORROW, AND OH, WAIT, HAIR AGAIN TODAY!!!

Part Four of a Four-Part Series

Aka; Kendrie; the Do’s of Time


OK, anyone born after 1975 is probably not going to get the extreme social relevance of the following celebrity hairstyle comparison, but I think my fellow age 30 comrades will grasp the connection immediately, and, dare I say, enjoy a bit of nostalgia at the photos and music..........



At the rate Kendrie’s hair is growing, I’m concerned we’re going to be looking like this before too long:





MAY I INTRODUCE CHAKA, FROM THE LAND OF THE LOST!!!










Dare I say the images have an eery similarity???? Are you flashing back to your Saturday nights, laying in bed with the sheets pulled over your head, sweating, terrified there are sleestaks hiding in your closet, after watching Land Of The Lost re-runs all morning????

Then there was my mom, the eternal buster of the imagination balloon, who wanted to know why these people (Marshall, Will and Holly, in case you've forgotten their names) were "plunged down a 1000 feet below" (although I swear the words were: "stranded in a valley deep below") and yet never got their clothes dirty or needed haircuts??? Geez, mom, way to ruin the pretend for the rest of us!

And so ends our journey through Kendrie's "Hairstyles of Leukemia". I hope you enjoyed the trip!!!

Love, Kristie

"Marshall, Will and Holly,
On a routine expedition ....
met the greatest earthquake,
ever know ...................."

******************************************************

KENDRIE'S PERSPECTIVE:

WORST PART OF HAVING CANCER TODAY:
Isn't it obvious? That I have a mom who would compare me to a youthful neanderthal creature from a Saturday morning cartoon show so campy that there are actually cult internet sites devoted to it's following???? Oh well, at least she didn't compare me to the sleestaks.

No comments: