Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Cancer sucks, in case you didn't know

Week #17, LTM

Cancer sucks, in case you didn’t know. But I’ll get to that in a minute. First I want to touch briefly on the TSO Christmas song that is playing tonight. Let’s be honest. If ever a song made me want to put on my leather Mrs. Claus outfit, knock back a few tequila chasers with Santa himself, bang my head until my stocking cap fell off and dance around the Christmas tree for hours on end, well, this is it. Maybe that’s an unseemly vision to conjure up, considering I’m a 38 year old mother of three. And possibly not the most appropriate way to celebrate the birth of little baby Jesus. But damn, this song rocks!!!

Now, back to the cancer sucking part. Please take a moment to visit these web sites: One is a family we have never met Hayley. Hayley is home on hospice and from the sounds of her journal, this holiday season will be the hardest thing her parents have ever had to endure. And the other site I would like to ask you to visit is that of Baby Jay. We met Jay’s family at our middle-Georgia support group meeting last month and he relapsed shortly after. They’ve been busy getting Jay started back on treatment and we are all sending our prayers for his healing . Our second meeting was last night and we really missed them ….. I’m sure some notes of encouragement in Jay’s guestbook would be greatly appreciated by his family.

Until next time,
Kristie

No comments: