Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Potential Alaska posts I have started and then quit because they are too stupid and boring.

The post about how is it possible that I’ve got seven days of free food and drink on the ship, some of the nicest, yummiest, fanciest food and drink imaginable, all mine, at the snap of a finger ….. All free …. And yet I still managed to spend $19 at the local fudge shop today. No, I have no idea why I’m chubby.

The post about how I finally ran into Andrew’s Grandma J …. not once, but twice today! Yippee!!

The post about how it might have been 112 degrees in Palm Springs last week, but when you are packing to take a cruise to Alaska in September, you need to pack something a little more substantial than flip-flops, people!!

The post about how it seemed really indulgent to pay $100 for 280 internet minutes on the cruise ship, but then I realized my Sprint coverage totally sucks and I was paying $2.49 a minute for international roaming rates to call home. Suddenly, twenty-eight cents a minute to exchange e-mails with my children seems quite consumer-savvy.

The post about how during the glacier lake stop-over we had yesterday I slipped on a moss-covered rock and fell flat on my left butt cheek, causing my camera to whip around and hit me in the face, and how I was mortified someone might have seen that so I hopped up so quickly that I almost slipped and fell down again. Truly, not one of my more graceful moments.

The post about how after my big fat ass hit the ground, the weight of the force basically started an avalanche. More on this later.

11 comments:

heartshapedhedges said...

Tell Grandma J we said "hi"....and, if you want some good blog fodder, keep an eye on her (and have your camera ready!) she apparently is on the man-prowl, snuggling up to all kinds of men on that boat!!

Anonymous said...

You have NEVER posted a boring post!!!! Never ...

The Traveling Yogi said...

Glad you finally ran into Grandma J. Can't wait to see your pictures.

Jan Ross said...

You bought that fudge because it is the best fudge in the HISTORY OF THE WORLD. We bought some, ate some, then went back and bought more.

We were kind of sad when we ran out until we realized they actually have a web page and you can order the fudge. Which we do. Often. http://www.alaskanfudge.com/

Pam D said...

I hope your camera is OK... ha! :<) (actully, I hope you got some good pics of the avalanche, even IF your cheek was swelling and your eye was nearly closed up(just guessing). And, I heard a clip on the radio this morning about a family who had a shocker of a cellphone bill; they opened it up and it was $20,000! Turns out their teen aged son had gone to Vancouver, Canada, and while there, he emailed, called, uploaded pics, stayed in touch with ALL his buddies.. and ran up over $19,000 in charges! So you aren't just whistlin' Dixie about highway robbery on international minutes! Time to plug into Skype...

Anonymous said...

You are a hoot Kristi! Hope you are having a great time!

Alisa said...

Glad you're having fun and I'm still jealous!

Over Coffee said...

Thanks for the morning laugh! Hope you are managing to have a good time despite all the bumps and bruises...

Anonymous said...

all of those posts seem funny and interesting- far from boring! lol! Sounds like you are having a great time!

Anonymous said...

Hmm if you want to keep your street credibility when you get home you might want to conjure up a being chased by a bear story ....just saying.....(hope you didn't break your new camera, or your but for that matter)

Bridget from Canada

Nate's Mom said...

Wow, skip a few days and you're in Alaska! This is so cool though, because just today we booked our Alaska cruise for June (10 year anniversary). I'm watching for details of what excurtions you do. Then I will be reading back over your last cruise (loved the pics) to see what you did then. I am so excited!! And so cool that you got to go again!

Sheri in CA