Tuesday, December 20, 2005

TOOTH FAIRY, ANYONE?

Day 5 OT

OK, just a quick update from us ….. I am so happy to report the OT party went well (NO RAIN, NO RAIN, NO RAIN!!!) and I just need a few minutes to go through my photos and organize my thoughts before I update about it (well, considering it’s MY thought process we're talking about, maybe more like half an hour will be necessary!) but things have been crazy-busy-wonderful here.

We are enjoying our OKC cousins visit to the nth degree, and have been trying to see everyone we want to see and do everything we want to do and go everywhere we want to go, all in the five days that we have. Add in the fact we had friends come for the party from Florida, Virginia, and Ohio, and there just aren’t enough hours in the day! But I will get some photos put up on this site in the next day or two.

In the meantime, BIG NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT: Kendrie lost her first tooth last night at Stone Mountain! Right in the middle of “Emily’s Magic Christmas Experience” show; I’m pretty sure the most magical moment of *that* performance was the look of joy on her face when it popped out (helped by the Frisbee-sized lollipop she’d been sucking on for an hour).



Also, please keep her in your thoughts as she and I head to Atlanta for her port-removal surgery on Thursday morning. I *know* that it’s a relatively minor procedure … I *know* it’s done on an outpatient basis and we’ll be home before dinner ….. I *know* kids have this done all the time. But still, when it’s YOUR child’s name and the words “general anesthesia” mentioned in the same conversation, it’s enough to make any mild-mannered parent nervous, let alone a full-fledged paranoid-freak like me! Oh, well, at least we don't have to worry about the breathing tube knocking her tooth out during the surgery --- it's gone! (Although she is eagerly working on the next tooth already!)

OK, well, I’m off to start the turkey and dressing … it might only be the 20th, but we are having Christmas here today …. Seven kids under the age of ten …. Gifts …. Sweets and treats …. the frenzy of present-unwrapping that will take place later today … the mess ... the noise.... the fun.... the frivolity …. Oh, dear, someone just pass me the Tylenol now.

Hope your week is going great,
Kristie

PS Several of you asked for the name of that beautiful song (lullaby?) that was in the site previously. It should come as no surprise to you that it's TSO (yet again!) "A Final Dream" off their Beethoven's Last Night cd. I'm asking you, could I love that group any more???

******************************************************
KENDRIE’S PERSPECTIVE:

WORST PART ABOUT HAVING CANCER TODAY: Ha-Ha! I don’t have it anymore!

No comments: