Sunday, October 26, 2008

Dear Landon,

Have I mentioned how much you totally rock?



This was your first year to play football -- ever -- and I've got to admit, when your mom told me you were going to play, my first thought was, "Hmmmm. Really? Landon???"

Not because you don't like sports --- you do. And not because you're not athletic --- you are. I've certainly watched enough of your baseball and basketball games this past year to know you were physically capable of playing.



It was more your temperament that had me a little surprised you wanted to play football. I mean, you're a great kid, no question about it .... but you're sort of laid back. Quiet. Some would even call you shy or reticent.

Apparently, those traits fall FAR by the wayside on the football field, and I shouldn't have worried at all. I mean, what happened to the kid who doesn't have a mean bone in his body? Who gently collects every lizard and spider he catches as a pet? Who rarely speaks up, or has never voiced an opinion in front of me? You know, "The Quiet One", as I always called you .....


Look at you ... you're all up in his grill.


And all up in *his* grill ....



And all, "dude, if I catch you, I'm going to totally be up in **your** grill" ...



And then all, "no way are you getting up in MY grill" ....

I mean, you came alive on the football field this year. Who knew??? But I'm so very proud of you, and am thrilled you found yet another sport you enjoy.



You rock, little man, and Aunt Kristie loves you for it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, there's a proud aunty for you!! Way to go, Landon!