Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I WANT TO RIDE MY BICYCLE!

16 Days to Go

So, can you guess what the highlight of our Thanksgiving vacation was? Take a close look at the photos ……….. what is missing? Yep, you figured it out, training wheels!

Check out our cyclist in action:





Oops, obviously we haven’t perfected our technique yet. Braking and turning were the hardest maneuvers to master. Thankfully she figured both out before any serious damage was done.



And as long as you hold your tongue just right, balancing is easy!


That’s the lucky part of living in the south-eastern part of the country ---- the last day of November, and it’s still 60 degrees outside. Of course, if there’s also a brisk wind blowing, mom might be sitting in a lawn chair with her winter coat and gloves on, but the kids are still happy to be playing outside! Well, I should clarify, “happy” until Kendrie rode her bike under the basketball goal, just in time for Kellen to miss a lay-up and the basketball to fall in a perfect, well-defined, slow-motion arc …….. and land square on the top of Kendrie’s head. I’m telling you, they couldn’t have done it again if they had tried!!!

So even though there were tears shed and lots of yelling, maybe NOW they will understand why I make them wear a helmet ….. the heck with spills and injury and concussion, it’s all about those pesky stray basketballs!!!

Hope you are all having a great week,
Kristie
**************************************************
KENDRIE’S PERSPECTIVE:

WORST PART ABOUT HAVING CANCER TODAY: I felt sort of punky at school yesterday so I had the school nurse call my mom and do you know what? My mom had left her cell phone in the car and didn’t realize it ---- so she never called back! I think I should file some sort of abandonment charge or something! Good thing Nurse B. has my back.

BEST PART ABOUT HAVING CANCER TODAY: Did you SEE the number at the top of this entry???? Only sixteen days to go, baby …. SIXTEEN!!!

No comments: