Friday, April 22, 2005

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!

(that is the sound of my head exploding)

Well, I'm *assuming* Blaine had his surgery this morning. I say this with some confidence, for a number of reasons:

1. Mainly, because he didn't come home last night.

No, I'm just kidding. I know the surgery was scheduled for today, but they can't seem to find him in the hospital. I keep calling, and calling ...... Same-Day Surgery has never heard of him (makes sense, since he is inpatient) .... Surgery Recovery is unavailable by phone .... no one is answering in his room .... the girl at the nurses desk on his floor says he left for surgery, but she's not sure when. In response to my query, "Well, do you have any idea what approximate time he might be returning to his room?" I received the highly intelligent reply: Huh-uh.

So, if anyone is in Augusta and sees a man, badly in need of a shave, limping along the parade route on Ft. Gordon Army Post with a drain tube hanging out of his leg ... tell him his wife is looking for him.

K.

No comments: