Sunday, July 04, 2004

Happy Fourth of July, Everybody!

Well, I had high hopes of getting this journal entry on the page before the clock ticked itself over to July 5th, but it doesn’t look like its going to happen. In between the downloading and uploading and resizing of photos to my hard drive, then uploading to my web space, then uploading to this Caring Bridge page, a journal update where I do anything more than type out a “hello” is suddenly more labor-intensive then raising sheep and shearing and dying and spinning the wool to knit my own sweaters. Hell, I don’t even know how to knit and I bet I could get that done faster than some of these updates. Once again, let me remind any of you that might not know my mantra by this point: I hate technology. If I ever *do* make myself a sweater, I'm knitting that phrase right across the chest.

On the non-technical front, however, we wound up having a very nice holiday. Our friends Erin and Joe invited us over to celebrate (guess she read the previous journal entry and felt sorry for us …. Whatever, we’re not too proud to accept a pity invitation!) It was a burger-grillin’, fireworks watchin’, kid playin’, watermelon seed spittin’, frog chasin’ kind of night and great fun for all of us. Thanks, Erin and Joe! Thanks also to Mary from Ohio, for sending the kids the star-bubble-necklaces, which was the icing on the cake. They even agreed as to who got the red, white and blue necklace without killing each other in the process, can you believe it??

I also wanted to say thanks to SuperSibs! for the t-shirts they sent to Kellen and Brayden earlier in the week. I know I have mentioned this group before but they do a fantastic job of letting siblings know that they are special, too. Stop by their website and check them out if you have a spare minute.




I am keeping this very short (I know, I say that a lot but tonight I mean it) because it’s really late and I had a lot to drink tonight. I’m just kidding. It’s not that late. But I’m tired just the same and Blaine and I have three little fishermen, eager to get the show on the road tomorrow and guaranteed to make early risers out of us in the morning. Speaking of Blaine, check out the deck work in the background of our new family picture on the front page ….. I have to admit, I doubted him at the beginning, but he really pulled it off. Finished the railings today and everything looks great. Funniest part of the whole process was at the end, when Kendrie strapped on the electric leaf blower and blew all the pine straw off the new deck. Too bad I didn’t get photos of that!

There are some new 4th of July photos in the album, as well.

Hope all of you enjoyed your holiday today,
love, Kristie ps. I am kidding about the drinking a lot part. Our hosts ran out of liquor waaaaaaay before I did any real damage! pss. kidding, again!
##########################################################
KENDRIE'S PERSPECTIVE:

WORST PART OF HAVING CANCER TODAY: I'm bald again, can you believe it?? I was just itchin' to get my hands on some mousse or gel or something, and woops! Too late! Oh well, it'll grow back, right?

BEST PART ABOUT HAVING CANCER TODAY: Unlimited mac & cheese. Still.

No comments: