Friday, August 05, 2005

CAN YOU HEAR THE HALLELUJAH CHORUS???

131 Days to Go

I suspected it was time for the kids to return to school when they complained, after swimming all day at our friend Renee’s house, going out to dinner, and playing with their new toys, that they were bored.

I suspected it was time for the kids to return to school when I suggested playing in the sprinklers and they said it was too hot and they didn’t want the grass seeds on their feet.

I suspected it was time for the kids to return to school when they started asking to eat Nerds candy for breakfast …. and I let them.

I KNEW it was time for the kids to return to school when Kellen discovered, yesterday, the age-old method of how to annoy the crap out of your big sister in the back seat of the van. Put your finger, and your face, right up to the dividing line in the middle of the back seats. Stare at her, but do not cross the line with your finger or any part of your body. Then, when the complaining from your sister annoys your mother, and your mother tells you to “Stay on your own side of the van!” you can honestly say that you are, and there’s nothing your sister can do about it.




I’ll explain *THIS* look, and why I suspect years of therapy are in our future, in my next journal entry. In the meantime, I’m going to sit back for the next half hour until it’s time to pick up my kids, revel in the silence, and maybe even eat a bon-bon or two.

Have a great weekend,
Kristie

No comments: