Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Loss

If there's one thing I've learned from posting in this Caringbridge journal and surfing the sites myself for these past eighteen months, it's that notes and words of encouragement, even from a total stranger, can make a world of difference. I have been so amazed by the support and strength our family has gotten from all of you, and feel so appreciative that you continue to check in on a regular basis.

Today, there's another family who drastically needs support and I'd like to ask all of you to offer it to them, like you've offered it to us throughout this journey.

Molly from New York is a 4-yr old whose mom Donna is on my ALL-Kids support group list for parents of kids with leukemia. Donna and I have e-mailed and spoken on the phone a few times in the past few weeks because their family went on their MAW trip shortly after we went on ours and we were exchanging pointers on the vacation. Tragically, Molly's dad was killed yesterday in a subway accident, less than two weeks after they returned from their MAW trip.

Please stop by Molly's Page and let them know you are thinking about them.

Thanks,
Kristie

No comments: