I actually enjoy hiking and nature and trees and wildlife and all that crap, if its in the right environment. My two recent visits to Alaska??? LOVED THEM! I want a cool, beautiful day where I wander aimlessly, dressed in comfy jeans and boots and plaid flannel, taking beautiful pictures of the breathtaking scenery. I like fishing, and nature walks, and four-wheeling ---- AS LONG AS THEY DON'T INVOLVE SWEATING!!
I went as a chaperone with my daughter's entire 3rd grade on a field trip to Red Rock Canyon today. While there, I learned quite a bit ... both in general, and about myself personally. I thought I would share them with you. That's just how I roll.
1. Red Rock Canyon is a state park and "oasis" (if you believe the brochures) located in Oklahoma. More specifically, an outdoor nature-park type place, located in some kind of canyon, with walking trails and hiking trails and small cliffs and whatever other kind of outdoors-y crap you might like if you are into outdoors-y crap.
2. I am not into outdoors-y crap.
3. I do not like the outdoors.
4. I do not like humidity.
5. It rained this week, and was therefore humid. (see #4)
6. I do not like nature.
7. I do not like hiking.
8. I most emphatically do not like sweating.
9. Mainly, I do not like taking nature walks or hiking in the outdoor nature areas which cause me to sweat.
10. I do not like the way my bra feels when it is wet because it is sticking to my disgusting wet sweaty body.
11. I do not like bugs.
12. I do not like mud.
13. I do not like trees and shrubs and sticks and grass which are prickly and pokey and stick me in the legs.
14. I do not like to sweat.
15. I do not like climbing up hills. Or down hills. Or around or on or over or under any kind of hill.
16. I do not like when it has been raining and the ground is wet and slippery and I fall down with an expensive camera in my hand.
17. I do not like yelling at children to "Step back from the edge of the pond I said step back before you fall in for God's sake what part of step back do you not understand and if your 9-yr old rear falls in that water you better be able to swim is all I'm saying because I'm NOT coming in after you!!!"
18. I do not like balancing on skinny logs over mud puddles.
19. Did I mention I do not like sweating?
Here are a few things that I *DID* like today:
I liked watching my daughter play kickball with her classmates:
I liked watching her walk along the nature trail:
I liked watching how happy it make her to climb all over the boulders:
I liked watching her be silly, like the 9-year old she is:
I liked watching her cross
Most of all, I
It *almost* made the sweating worthwhile.